Your clients – just like you – have been through a lot these past few months. They may or may not be ready to jump right back into the studio – but we need to be ready for them!
Now is the time to re-engage your clients. Things are different for them now. The message you would have sent them a few months ago isn’t the same one you should send them now.
Truth → Your existing clients are your key audience right now!
You can’t come across as tone deaf. Right now, people are sensitive to expenses that seem “frivolous”. It’s your job to point out your studio’s value. Remind them self care is NECESSARY not selfish.
Invest in your existing clients!
They supported you through social distancing, and they’re the first ones you’ll welcome back. They’re loyal. Rely on them as the backbone of your cash flow. Take care of them. Turn them into brand evangelists.
How do you market to someone who already knows you?
- Thank them for their loyalty! They didn’t need to stick with you. There were plenty of other pop-up virtual experiences they could have gone to.
- Exclusive perks: Create special “members only” events or classes.
- Make a special offer: Commit to one year and get the first two months free. First dibs on private classes. Free upgrade at the same price.
Having the right messaging is important. How you share it is just as important. You need to speak to the right person, at the right place, at the right time. That intersection makes for good marketing.
What’s the right place to engage existing clients?
- Email: Send out an email blast. Let them know your yoga studio is reopening – members only – and you’re excited to see everyone. You’ll need a different message for members and those who aren’t getting in right away.
- Text: Make your texts personal. They’ll know a scripted mass text when they see one. Keep it light, friendly and unscripted.
- PHONE CALLS: Now is the time to pick up the phone and contact your members. Everyone if you can. Don’t sell them anything, just leave them a voicemail saying a.) we’re opening soon and b.) we’re excited to see you.
- Snail Mail: This will take a lot of effort, but sending a handwritten letter is a meaningful and memorable thing. Other options would be a door hanger or a “golden ticket” (bring this ticket in for “Members Only Access NOW”)
- Targeted Online Ads: Use paid Facebook and Instagram ads to reach current clients. You don’t need a hefty budget to make this possible.
Get your suspended members back on track
After contacting your paying members, shift your focus to members on suspension. Now is the time to get them re engaged with your studio and let them know their charges are coming “unpaused.” You’ll need a few new tactics to keep them from dropping off.
How do you market to members on suspension?
- Thank them for their patience.
- Explain the opening up plan and how they fit in.
- Get them excited to come back in.
- Warn them of their suspension reactivating.
- Leverage their membership as the only way to access classes.
- Explain any new offers, like the first month is half off with reactivation.
Taking members off suspension will inject some cash flow into your yoga studio AND get them ready to practice again! A lot of members will be excited to get back into the studio, but be ready for some cancelations.
Truth → Marketing is about memory. If they remember you, they will come to you.
Give your members a clear timeframe for payments. Communication is key here. Try “Because we’re reopening, your suspension is no longer necessary. You have 30 days to start back up and get in on our Members Only in-studio classes!”
Truth → Make sure they remember the value you bring to their lives.
Choose which contact method is best for your suspended members. You can keep it simple and use the same tools as your existing members, or try something different. Not all of these will be the right fit for everyone. If you have 400 suspended members, you’ll be writing a lot of hand written notes… In that case, maybe stick to emails and text messages.
For more super relevant information, join us for live webinars with our team of experts included in the Yogapreneur Collective. Get these lives webinars, plus the huge online resource library, private Facebook Group, and access to 1:1 coaching all for just $125.
➡️ To access the YC Webinars and so much more, sign up here.